Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions for 2018 Coven Dates

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions for 2018 Coven Dates Empty Suggestions for 2018 Coven Dates

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm

OK, we know that we want to do 3 "official" covens in 2018: Picnic, Paintsville mini, and Fantastic Beasts outing.

I. PICNIC
The picnic is a bit problematic because May is SUPER soon and each weekend has at least one large conflict for possible attendees. It appears that if we want the picnic to happen on a Saturday we need to look at May 12, May 19, or June 2. The frontrunner location (at least, until a new one was thrown into the mix today) was Eden Park in Cincinnati, with a possible side-visit after picnicking to the Krohn Conservatory for photos and butterflies. We need to pick a date and then confirm our location, then get this thing OUT THERE ASAP. The natives are restless and need something to look toward.

II. PAINTSVILLE MINI
When considering a full "year" for our engaged folks, it seems like the best time to do the Paintsville mini is going to be August. If we do October, we run the risk of losing people on the movie outing (and a lot of complaining about the same). September seems really busy for the board. PV says they are much more open in August so let's look at the weekends of: Augs 10-12, 17-19, or 24-26. Which one(s) work best for each of you?

III. MOVIE OUTING
As the one most controlled but, well, NOT us - we're looking at NOv. 16 or later for this. Are we planning to aim for opening night or are we going to wait a few days before we try to get a whole group of costumed folk into one theatre? And - what's the thought on The Rathskeller? I'm still in the "I probably can't afford that" camp but, well, I'm employed now so that might change. BUT, if that's the plan we need to schedule it soon so people can save up.

PLEASE DISCUSS. Please, oh please, we need to set these dates and get moving on planning them.

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for 2018 Coven Dates Empty Re: Suggestions for 2018 Coven Dates

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Picnic: I'm not available May 12 as that is Mother's Day weekend so will be spending time with Mom. Any date after that is free for me, pending if I end up moving. If held in Cincy, I can definitely come. If in Louisville, that is more uncertain for me.

Painstville: August is wide open for me. I have no preference on date there.

Movie: I would love to do the Rathskeller but the price might be hard for a lot of people. Opening night is technically a Thursday night, which probably won't work for most people. A Saturday would probably be best, so Nov 17. Unfortunately, the weekend after that is Thanksgiving weekend, so the 17 is probably our best bet for getting people to come.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:35 pm

We should find out how much the Rathskeller weekend would entail, then we could hit people with it and see if they're interested.
Just the same, We need a Plan B. DAMN THE MUGGLES that we don't still have our beloved Pub! Sad
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Albert Dumblewort wrote:DAMN THE MUGGLES that we don't still have our beloved Pub! Sad

I know. Sad
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Ideally, it'd be nice to have a room to ourselves, like we did before. I wonder if there's any way to incorporate Joseph-Beth? They're just a jot from the theater. Perhaps we could host a wizarding event there?
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:08 pm

It's definitely worth asking Jo-Beth if they would be open to having us there. My only concern there is if we get the same turnout (60-75 people), can their cafe accommodate us? Or would we plan on having smaller groups decide dinner on their own and then meet at Jo-Beth?

Are there any other good restaurants that have party rooms that might work? Just trying to get ideas out there.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MargaretMcClanahan Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:41 pm

I am open for any weekends (tentatively) for picnic, though gas money is a decider for me in the long run for that.

Year out -- Any weekend in August except the last one.

Movie weekend -- Now, the Headmaster and I talked about doing the thing at the Rathskeller before, but I know that is going to be a chunk of change -- Not to mention people having to fork up to stay in hotels or what have you.

I love the idea of doing a HP event at Joseph-Beth's. They seemed to like us before( the Headmaster and I), so I am sure that the more the merrier in that respect. I can contact one of the people from Jo-Beth, as she's on my facebook.

Other than us all trying to go see the movie together and going to Jo-Beth, I think -- and I know I may be in the minority here -- that we should let everyone "wing it" for that weekend -- in other words, taking care of their own lodgings and the like (Not sure if you guys were thinking some big organized event for it or not).
MargaretMcClanahan
MargaretMcClanahan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:48 am

We *could* to a teaser at JB's for Hoggstowne. Offer some classes (divination, transfiguration, HOM(?), a sorting ceremony and I could do my 'World of HP Artifacts I did at the castle). We could do it for a 2-3 hour block during the day to celebrate the movie, eat and see the movie that evening. It's a thought.

Now, where to eat? Someplace with a party room. Hmmmm...

Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:43 pm

I'm going to leave that in your capable hands, JP, if you're cool with that? If we're set on the date that's good for me, I'll just show up for as much as I am able to. I'll take lead on the PV mini weekend, then, although we're all going to have to pitch in some on that one. Whee-lah!

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Good. Prof. McClanahan, would you be so good as to contact JB's and see if they'd be open to idea of a HP day to celebrate the new movie? It would need to be somewhat early. Noon, if they can manage it, and last no longer then, say, 2-3 hours.
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down