Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for 2018

2 posters

Go down

Suggestion for 2018 Empty Suggestion for 2018

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:15 am

I'd like to tentatively suggest we make our Yule event for 2018 earlier in order to combine it with the soft-rollout of Paintsville - maybe consider September and pair Yule with "One Year Out."  We could do two separate events but it could also be pretty great to just HAVE Yule at the new location.  Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for 2018 Empty Re: Suggestion for 2018

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 pm

I think that sounds like a grand idea. Plus, it will offer us a chance to get more familiar with that particular venue.
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 pm

I am fine with that. I personally may be out of commission the last week of Sept this year (since I will be working Year Two next year on my birthday, I would really like to spend some time with my mom, and I may be in Gettysburg or NYC at that time).

So, would we have one big event or two smaller events (a "One Year Out" in Sept and a Yule in late Nov/early Dec, bearing in mind FB2 comes out in mid-Nov)?
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 pm

Idea: I'd love to see the frog choir caroling in the gazebo in the atrium holding candles (electric ones, of course).
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 am

Totally agree on that front. OMG. Also a candle-light picture on those spiral stairs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am

Hm, just read Daxy's comment. Thinking: what if we did a "sometime in Sept" one year out event at PV and then had a movie outing in November instead of Yule this year?

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am

Yeah, looks like we have a decision. We don't want to overwhelm the students. We could roll them all into one event (besides a spring picnic). I found two cinemas we might could use. The one downtown may be available to be rented out?

Sipp Theatre  
Movie theater in Paintsville, Kentucky
Address: 336 Main St, Paintsville, KY 41240
Phone: (606) 297-1469

The Movies at the Plaza
Address: 449 S Mayo Trail, Paintsville, KY 41240
Phone: (606) 789-6352
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am

The down-side to PV in November is that he said they're pretty much booked already from the first of Nov-Xmas. We can call and see if they have anything for a smaller group but apparently they do a seriously brisk Christmas business.

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:29 am

Good to know. Also - we want folk's first impression of PV and the Ramada to be a very good one. We all know this will be dutifully reported back to others, and there's nothing wrong with the element of wonder about a place.
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Since it seems we are looking at an early autumn "One Year Out" event at Paintsville, do we want to roll Yule up with Fantastic Beasts and make an entire weekend of those two events? I do think with FB coming out so close to Dec, it is not feasible to hold two events so close to each other.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:28 pm

I definitely can't swing a PV trip and a Yule weekend this year - financially or timewise -and I'm betting not too many of our regular folks could swing it either. If the Fantastic Beasts event has other activities built around it I'll do what I can, seems like a natural match for those coming in from out of town. It would be a nice way to still incorporate a holiday-ish thing without an official "location" weekend.

I'll be honest, I'd rather do September (or even August) in PV just to spread stuff out. If we do a picnic in May/June, then PV in Sept, and the movie in November that's the year covered but nicely spaced out. If we push back to October we run into people saying they can do one but not the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Good points, Regan. I won't be able to do Sept in PV, but I could do August.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down