Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual board meeting

3 posters

Go down

Annual board meeting Empty Annual board meeting

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Since our board member agreement and bylaws mention that we will hold an annual board meeting, when and where do we want to hold it? This is a key meeting where everyone is required to attend (or to do their utmost to be there in person) so input from all is vital. Do we just want to do a half-day or an entire day, or maybe even a weekend? What activities do we want to consider besides just the meeting - maybe something that is good for group bonding? I know in northern Kentucky there is a Harry Potter-themed escape room; that could be great for an activity. There is also a pub-like restaurant next door.

I'm thinking our normal annual meeting should be held in the spring sometime. That would be a great time to review our documents and discuss any changes to them, as well as going over the annual report and reviewing the tax forms. However, maybe we could try for our first in-person board meeting this summer or autumn, maybe before or after the mini event or movie.

Thoughts?
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Annual board meeting Empty Re: Annual board meeting

Post by Guest Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 pm

I'd be open to considering a separate event for the annual board meeting, but I was kind of thinking it was likely a good idea to make it either the day before or later on Sunday for the PV mini. Open to what works for the group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:40 pm

I would like it to be later on Sunday after the PV mini, if we go that route.  Depending on where I am working, I may not be able to get Friday off to arrive earlier than 9 or 10pm.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 pm

We could do an annual board meeting on Feb. 12th. That's when I sent Hooters (at 9 PM) with the infamous letter to Prof. Flipwick. In my mind, that's when one age ended and another started.

It's at the very least a day that should be recognized.
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:02 am

LOL, JP, I love the idea of commemorating that day but I think that trying to wrangle seven people with seriously convoluted, busy lives into a commemorative meeting each year might be more of a challenge than any of us can bear.  I could be wrong: maybe setting it on the same day every year is a great idea and would be easy for people (even if we have to all take off of work), so I'll roll with whatever works best for the group.  I'm just sitting here laughing, thinking about how we can't even get everyone to agree to a time for a Skype call...so an in-person is going to be a big challenge.

If we are all going to be at the PV mini (which I know is still an if) - or at least if we have a quorum -  we should take care of some business no matter what.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:38 pm

reganwann wrote:If we are all going to be at the PV mini (which I know is still an if) - or at least if we have a quorum -  we should take care of some business no matter what.

I agree.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MargaretMcClanahan Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm up for doing it at the Mini
MargaretMcClanahan
MargaretMcClanahan

Back to top Go down