Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where and when to have it for 2018

2 posters

Go down

Where and when to have it for 2018 Empty Where and when to have it for 2018

Post by Albert Dumblewort Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:26 pm

From Prof. Truelong:

We've got people going a little nutty about doing a picnic again this year. Let's make it happen, as our first real "event" as a team. Probably ought to aim for no later than May? Here are a couple of initial thoughts:

1. Return to Locust Grove in Louisville and do a true picnic-picnic like we did last year

2. Go to Eden Park in Cincinnati (which also could include a visit to Krohn Conservatory or the Art Museum, which could be cool for pics), again this would be a true picnic-picnic thing.

3. Go to SV, have lunch at Trustee's and then do a mini photo shoot.

Other thoughts? Yes/no to the idea?
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Where and when to have it for 2018 Empty Re: Where and when to have it for 2018

Post by Albert Dumblewort Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Daxy: I love the first two ideas.  Cincy might be good as it's still within three hours for most of the KY folk, plus might allow more OH and IN folk to come.  And for those interested, I could introduce some to the wonders of Jungle Jim's!

However, LG is quite lovely too.

Prof. McClanahan: I say go public and let's go to paintsville lol!

Daxy: I second the fall trip to PV, Lol

Prof. Dumblewort: We should probably steer clear of Shaker Village just for now. Let's begin to get students used to the idea of holding events elsewhere. Plus, they didn't give us the time of day after repeated attempts to schedule a meeting. I say they've gotten enough of our money.

Prof. Truelong: I agree but, well, trying to remain as open as possible. LOL! SV aggravated me last year when they told us we couldn't come have a picnic there, too.

Prof. Dumblewort: They should make exceptions for a group as profitable as ours.

Prof. McClanahan: It is too bad that Stone Mountain is so far away from all of you, because it is a beautiful place to have a picnic, and then we can hike up the mountain afterwards.

Last edited by Albert Dumblewort on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:07 pm

I kind of like the idea of Eden Park just because it indicates that we move our events often, it's in Ohio (yet still close) which is opening the door to more people (possibly, hopefully). Plus, I love the idea of going over the Krohn Conservatory after lunch and doing a plant-oriented photo shoot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Another nice thing about Cincy is that if people wanted to make a weekend of it, there's the Cincy Zoo and other nice museums. Also, Columbus is just 90 mins or so from Cincy, and if they are available, the Shamblins love to host people at their place (I could show those who come up some fun places too, like The Book Loft and the Columbus Zoo).

May would probably be a good time. I know the first weekend of May is not ideal as several active Hoggstowners (me, Samantha, Marcie, and Misty for sure, and possibly others) will be in Asheville, NC at that time. I know I would personally prefer to have it before summer roars in and it gets too damn hot - lol.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 am

First weekend in May is also Derby, which doesn't do anything for me but some of the Louisvillians have family and friends in, parties, etc. Just a cursory glance at the calendar says the weekends of May 11, May 25, and possibly the first weekend in June (risky but possible, weather-wise) look free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:57 pm

May 28 is Memorial Day, so the weekend of the 25-27 could be good or bad. Good in that a lot of people have that day off, and may be more willing to go somewhere a little further out. Bad in that retail folks often have to work, some people may already have plans, and places may be a little packed.

May 11-13 is Mother's Day weekend. It is also the weekend of Marcon, which a few H-towners are very active in (Shamblins, Laura and Stan).

Not saying we can't do it either of those weekends, just throwing out some caveats. Smile
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:23 pm

I was reviewing the website for Eden Park and it is quite lovely. A nice lake, sculptures, picnic areas, gardens, and a nice view of the river. There is also a playground for the little witches and wizards. And I didn't realize that the Cincinnati Art Museum and the Krohn Conservatory were onsite! I think this is my top pick for the picnic.

http://www.cincinnatiparks.com/central/eden-park/
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm

Oh, and the Krohn Conservatory is having a "Butterflies of Madagascar" exhibit through June 17 too!
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:47 pm

Their butterfly shows are AMAZING.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down