Where to have it?

Go down

Where to have it?

Post by Albert Dumblewort on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Where should we host seeing 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald?' We could do it in Louisville, in the Rathskeller in the Seelbach. It'd be pricey, but defiantly magical! I thnk we were looking at the tune of $3000 for one catered evening. The hall can sit around 50 people. That makes ticket price around $60 a head (this also counts headless attendees).
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

View user profile http://hoggstowne-forum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Where to have it?

Post by Andaxia Moonstar on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 pm

I know it would be pricey, but I really love the idea of having the dinner and a photoshoot at the Seelbach. If we go that route, is there any way we could get a discount on parking? Or we could encourage carpools (I know I would prefer not to have to drive downtown). There are certainly a lot of factors that would need to come into play for that location, but it would certainly be memorable.

It's a shame The Pub is no longer around. We have a nice, and fairly large, pub in Columbus that is also very close to a large movie theater (and a B&N), but I know that is a bit of a drive for a good number of people.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:59 pm

We should explore good venues for this. SUCH a shame The Pub closed. *So* ideal! Now, we could meet at Joseph-Beth. They have a restaurant and it s a very Pottery-feeling place. They are also not far from the theater. About a two minute drive.
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reganwann on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:13 am

I have to admit that, unless I land a cushy job soon, a $60/head outing is going to be rough for me. However, I agree that the Rathskeller is AMAZING.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:16 am

One thing's for sure - the Rathskeller isn't going anywhere. We may need to hit that in an off year after we're a little better established.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reganwann on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:17 am

True. We have, what, four more movies? Still, it's SOOOOOO pretty.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort on Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:24 am

We may want to ask students. If we can give 'em a ballpark estimate of time and money, it may fly, but we'd need to put butts in all of the available seats!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort on Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:12 am

Looks like we could do The Pub in Columbus. Here, the only thing I can think of is that place we had drinks at - Shakespeare & Co.
How'd you guys like that place? It's whimsical enough, and it's not far a Regal Theater. It's an option. IF If if we wanted to do a promo freebie at JB's, that'd keep things in Lex.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Unfortunately, Columbus lost its The Pub too, back in January. Sad There is another nice pub at Easton called Fado's (where there is also an AMC theater and a nice shopping area), but I'm sure most people will want to keep it in KY. I did like Shakespeare and Co, but we may want to ensure they can accept a large group.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:09 pm

I believe Beavercreek (north of Cincy) still has its The Pub, and it is also in a nice shopping area. Not sure if there is a movie theater in that complex, but I'm sure if not, there is one nearby. That's provided that branch of the restaurant is still there in Nov.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum