Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to pick a Prefect

2 posters

Go down

How to pick a Prefect Empty How to pick a Prefect

Post by Albert Dumblewort Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Prof. Flipwick & I didn't always agree on everything, but we did manage to get a few things right. One of them was selecting prefects. The main things we looked for, and in this order were:

• They had to register
  • They had to be caught up on their payments
  • They had to respond to our call for interested persons
  • They had to agree to the terms of being a Prefect

We will have to come up with terms to present to our prefects. I have an old contract here to have a look at...

HOGGSTOWNE SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT & WIZARDRY
PREFECT APPLICATION

You are being considered by the Board of Hoggstowne School of Witchcraft & Wizardry for the position of Prefect for your house. It is a very high honor to serve as a Prefect, but it bears a good deal of responsibility. As a prefect, your duties would include:

• Assisting the head of your house where and when it is needed.
  • Help organize your common room.
  • Enforce school rules and code of conduct.
  • Help orient new students.
  • Inform students about school activities and encourage them to participate.
  • Collect house points from the head of your house each evening before the banquet, record them and adjust the quadometer accordingly.
  • Organize study groups for the B.A.T. exams.
  • As a prefect, you will be empowered to either award or deduct house points from the students in your house. Any other noteworthy student activity should be reported to the head of your house.

I, ___________________, agree to the terms of this application, and will willingly carry out my duties to the best of my abilities as a Hoggstowne Prefect.

Date: ___/___/___

Thank you for your time and consideration,

A. Dumblewort
Headmaster

M. McClanahan
Deputy Headmistress
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

How to pick a Prefect Empty Re: How to pick a Prefect

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:36 pm

I agree with those points. I also liked that we had to write a paragraph or so explaining WHY we wanted to be a Prefect and/or why we thought we would be a good one.

For bullet two, do we want them to be paid in full before they are considered? Or if we offer payment plans, do they just need to be current? What happens if they fall behind on their payments in the latter case?

We should probably also have a third choice picked for each House as an alternate too, in case one of our main choices has to back out after selection.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks for posting the old contract. A couple of things were changed from that (from whom the points were collected each night and we were told we were only allowed to deduct points from our House, not award them). However, the majority of it still seems solid.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 am

Sounds good. We'll need to have a more intensive agreement and application for wanting to be Head Student(s). We agreed that Head Students are pulled (ideally) from the previous Prefects pool, correct? And they are not ALSO Prefects, they are one or the other?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 pm

I would say yes - Head Prefects are separate from the regular Prefects and have to be pulled from the pool of previous Prefects. I also agree they should have a more intensive application.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Dumblewort Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Yes, and on that note, do we want to put someone in charge of heading up the Prefects? Do we think Michelle would be good for this?

Last edited by Albert Dumblewort on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Albert Dumblewort
Albert Dumblewort
Admin

https://hoggstowne-forum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Are you asking if Michelle should be one of our Head Prefects, or even above that position?
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:26 pm

I think Michelle would be a decent Head Student but, no, after the real issues with getting her to not fight us every step of the way I do not think it's in our best interest to have her "heading up" any area of the event. I think that Prefects and Head Students should be a single committee headed up by a board member, preferably someone good at delegating duties so that these attendees get a lot of room to spread their wings but do have to be answerable to someone on the board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down