Hoggstowne Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budgetary Items

Go down

Budgetary Items Empty Budgetary Items

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:44 pm

This thread is for listing things we might need to incorporate into our budget. You can always view a copy of the budget in Dropbox.

I know Mia posted in a different thread about a U-Haul for Wed and Sun.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Budgetary Items Empty Re: Budgetary Items

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Another cost to consider: a printer and a laptop for the Nook & Cranny. If I'm able to purchase a new laptop for my personal use, I could donate the use of my current laptop for that purpose. However, I cannot guarantee it will be available, so unless someone else can contribute the use of these devices, we may need to add these into the budget.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:39 pm

Is this expenditure worth a, so far, once yearly use?

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:36 am

I don't think we need to own these items, personally I think it's worth considering how FEW items we CAN own and still run the event the first time. Once you have biz-owned items things can get messy. For The Rum I'm just hauling my own desktop down (because that makes my life easier to run the thing). I own a laptop, many of us own laptops, I think we'll be fine asking someone to loan for the event.

I'm not saying we'll never need to buy items like this, I just don't think we need to consider that right now. Also, anyone who donates an item like this to us (permanently) gets a tax break, it's a donation and they set the value. So if we do decide we need a laptop, we can make a call for a donation. We can also do a fundraiser to buy one or write a grant. We don't need to spend, or budget, immediate dollars on a computer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andaxia Moonstar Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:22 pm

I was just trying to make sure we are covered in case no one has something they are willing to let us borrow. I definitely would prefer we don't have to buy anything we do not need. The only requirement I ask for any laptop that is borrowed for the Nook & Cranny is that it is Windows-based (not a Mac) since I'll need to be able to easily access any spreadsheets that are on it.

I'll be buying a tablet and a printer for my use, and will have those for my Scribbler duties, along with my laptop. Like I said, if I can afford to get a newer laptop before next Sept, my current one can be used in the N&C, which would only leave us with finding a printer for that area.
Andaxia Moonstar
Andaxia Moonstar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum